The terms and conditions set out below form the basis on which Champions may carry out fundraising activities for the benefit of One Dollar Day at Save the Children Australia. These terms and conditions are designed to protect you, the public, One Dollar Day and Save the Children from unnecessary risk and need to be followed when acting as a Champion. Please ensure that you and all those involved with your One Dollar Day Event read these terms and conditions before your event.
In these terms and conditions:
One Dollar Day means 1$Day Limited (ACN 145 066 235) at Save the Children Australia (ABN 99 008 610 035);
Champion means an individual or entity carrying out, or proposing to carry out, a 1$Day Event to raise funds for 1$Day; and
One Dollar Day Event means an event or activity with the purpose of raising funds for Save the Children on One Dollar Day.
Coin Collection Guidelines means the coin collection guidelines for Champions that will be provided to all Champions.
- Under state laws around Australia anyone raising funds for a charitable purpose on behalf of an organisation must be authorised in writing to do so by that organisation. Consequently, you must not undertake fundraising activities on behalf of One Dollar Day unless you have registered with us via our website www.onedollarday.org and have received an email or other written correspondence authorising you to undertake fundraising activities on behalf of One Dollar Day.
- One Dollar Day may retract the authorisation previously given to a Champion without providing reasons for doing so.
- Champions must comply with the provisions of all applicable laws in acting as Champions.
Requirements for individual Champions
- Any Champion who is a person or part of a group of people carrying on a One Dollar Day Event must be over the age of 18 or under the supervision of a person over the age of 18 years.
- If a Champion is under the age of 18 years, the Champion must obtain permission from their legal guardian prior to carrying on a One Dollar Day Event. Champions cannot be under the age of 8 years under any circumstances.
- The legal guardian or an authorised Champion over the age of 18 years must ensure that the physical and emotional well-being of underage Champions is not put at risk during any One Dollar Day Event.
- The collection confirmation sheet referred to in the Coin Collection Guidelines, must be completed to record the amount of money raised at every One Dollar Day Event. This form must be completed by the Champion and forwarded to One Dollar Day at Save the Children Australia as soon as reasonably possible and in any case within 7 days of the One Dollar Day Event taking place.
- Any costs incurred by the Champion in carrying on a One Dollar Day Event must be borne by the Champion. One Dollar Day and Save the Children Australia will not be liable for any costs so incurred.
- All amounts raised at a One Dollar Day Event must be deposited directly into the bank account nominated in the Coin Collection Guidelines. The funds raised must be deposited into this account as soon as reasonably possible and in any case within 7 days of the One Dollar Day Event taking place.
Tax Deductible Donations
- Donations of $1 are not tax deductible, although donations over $2 are. If a person or organisation gives more than $2 directly to One Dollar Day, 1$Day Limited and/or Save the Children can provide a receipt. If you are a Champion collecting on behalf of your community we cannot offer you a tax receipt and you cannot claim the benefit for the group collection. Champions will not be permitted to give receipts for any donations that they collect.
Name and Logo
- Champions can only use the name and/or logo of 1$Day Limited and Save the Children Australia in ways which are consistent with the values, image and purpose of the One Dollar Day Event. If One Dollar Day asks a Champion to cease using its name and/or logo, the Champion must do so immediately.
- Any material to be released to the media for the purpose of promoting a One Dollar Day Event must be approved in advance by One Dollar Day at Save the Children Australia, unless if it comes from the website of www.onedollarday.org or is part of the ‘Champions Toolkit’ which Champions will be provided with.
Liability and Insurance
- As 1$Day Limited and Save the Children Australia is not the organiser of your One Dollar Day Event, neither organisations are able to cover any liability on your behalf. The Champion agrees to release 1$Day Limited and Save the Children Australia to the fullest extent permitted under law for all claims and demands of any kind in any way associated with the One Dollar Day Event, except where such liability arises because of the negligence of One Dollar Day or its employees or agents.
- One Dollar Day will not provide public liability insurance for any collection or event which the Champion carries out. Therefore, you must ensure that any venue used for One Dollar Day events has sufficient public liability insurance.
- One Dollar Day will provide the Champion with the ‘Champions Toolkit’, associated guidance for fulfilling the role of Champion and any other form of support it considers appropriate and is able to provide. It will not, however, be required to provide any particular form of assistance.
- One Dollar Day may impose further conditions on the Champion if it considers this appropriate and will communicate any such conditions by email or other written communication. The Champion must ensure that anyone involved with a One Dollar Day Event is made aware of those further conditions as soon as possible after being informed of them by One Dollar Day.
For further information please contact One Dollar Day at firstname.lastname@example.org.